Seven Things You Need to Know About Get to Work
1) Be a Doctor: Your Sim can now spend their work day saving lives, treating patients, performing emergency surgery, and for the first time ever, delivering babies!
2) Combat Crime: Investigate crime scenes, interrogate Sims, and arrest criminals while you work your way from Cadet all the way up to the Chief of Police.
3) Experiment and Invent: Scientists spend their days building crazy inventions and collecting unique specimens for diabolical creations like the Sim Ray. Your Sim will have to decide whether they’ll use their inventions to help or torment their fellow Sims.
4) Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more. You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!
5) New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighborhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling.
6) Learn New Skills: Check out a whole new set of skills that will allow your Sims to create even more unique objects. Sims can now capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Whatever your Sims make can be proudly displayed at home or sold to earn a few extra Simoleons.
7) Discover Aliens: Aliens have landed and walk amongst us! Find out which Sims are truly out of this world and discover the mysterious Alien dimension!
The Sims 4: Get to Work Official Announcement
Actively control your Sims while they’re at work and create one-of-a-kind retail businesses in The Sims 4 Get to Work!
Get to Work
Become a daring Doctor, fearless Detective, or mad Scientist with new active careers.
Create Unique Retail Businesses
Create a variety of retail businesses including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and many more.
Learn New Skills
Capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills.
Release Date and Price
The expansion pack arrives this April and will be sold for $39.99. Click here to Pre-Order on Origin!
The Sims 4 Get to Work: Official Announce Trailer (ENGLISH)
Save lives, solve crimes, create inventions, build a retail business and more in the first expansion pack for The Sims 4.
Explore new active careers in The Sims 4: Get to Work Expansion Pack, available April 2015.
Hospitals and Policemen Coming To The Sims 4?
The Sims Brazil has shared the above image, which shows a policeman walking into the party and a Sim dressed in hospital robes sitting in the kitchen.
Perhaps we’ll get some more info tomorrow, when The Sims franchise turns 15! Stay tuned!
New Patch Now Available on Origin (Family Trees and Valentines Day Content)
Update: 2/3/2015 – Version 22.214.171.1240
Greetings Simmers and Happy 15th Anniversary!
Let us set the clock back to the early days of The Sims 4, when times were simpler… when…our fore-coders released upon the digital landscape light on the Sims, and their brothers, their sisters, mothers, fathers, step-relations, half-brothers and sisters, and spouses. And the Sims, for a time, were happy. But only for a time, for soon their families grew. Brothers and sisters moved out, parents passed on, and grandparents were surprisingly spry and long lived. New members of the family were showing up every day (the loved and un-loved alike). And the Sims called to one another lost, seeking guidance…
“Are you my brother? I have forgotten your face, and don’t remember your name.” The Sims were unable to claim connection to one another, for their memories had become as holes in a block of Swiss cheese.
And thus it was, until now…
Genealogy is here! Explore the lineage of your Sims, their names, faces, and relationships! Remember who they are to one another!
Return with your Sim, and travel through the branches of their family … David from down the street is a half-brother to Stephanie, the long lost granddaughter of Two-chins, the homeless guy in the park who is the father of Angelina the bartender, who is your sister… and there was much rejoicing.
In addition to traveling through the lineage of your Sims, with this update you can now dress up Grandma Betty in some new Valentine’s clothing, or just hang around with a gnome and a bear.
We’ve also addressed a few bugs, including the map bounce issue, and, for all those Sims who spent their lifetimes waiting to be served, bartenders are fixed!
By Graham Nardone
Genealogy is essential for legacy and family players to fully appreciate the scope of their games. For all those players who lovingly document every generation of their Sims, print out their family trees, and keep tracking of the complex relationships that develop, Genealogy is an incredibly valuable tool.
Let’s take a look at a Sim family you might see in the game.
Now, with this feature, you’ll be able to look at your Sim’s family history, including brothers and sisters, mothers, fathers, grandparents (and some greats, and great greats, etc.), step relationships (like Step-Parent), half relationships (like Half-Sibling), and of course, Spouses.