By Graham Nardone
Genealogy is essential for legacy and family players to fully appreciate the scope of their games. For all those players who lovingly document every generation of their Sims, print out their family trees, and keep tracking of the complex relationships that develop, Genealogy is an incredibly valuable tool.
Let’s take a look at a Sim family you might see in the game.
Now, with this feature, you’ll be able to look at your Sim’s family history, including brothers and sisters, mothers, fathers, grandparents (and some greats, and great greats, etc.), step relationships (like Step-Parent), half relationships (like Half-Sibling), and of course, Spouses.
After you download the most recent The Sims 4 update, you can find this in Live Mode by opening the Simology Panel (or hit the Y key).
Then, click Show House’s Genealogy.
Boom! There’s the whole family. You can now view and track the vast relationships you’ve accumulated in your Sims’ lifetimes. Who is related to whom? Which child came from which grandfather? It’s all there for you.
Let us think of a traditional story, that demonstrates the value of Genealogy.
In the beginning, Malcom meets Beatrice. They wed and soon have three strapping sons: Pablo, Paulo, and Steve.
Pablo fell in love with a lad named Steve, who was often confused with the brother Steve. They adopted three children, one of whom is also called Steve. That’s three Steve’s in one family. Now, using Genealogy, you can easily know which Steve you are referring to.
Paulo became entranced with Lettucia, whose family name was Crisp. Lettucia had a fine daughter from a previous tryst, Tomata. Though he was fatherly to her, Genealogy helps us know that Paulo is her Step-Father.
Finally, Steve (yes, the original Steve) met Jane. They fell in love in the deepest way and were inseparable. They married and soon had a lovely daughter, Jean. Jean was beautiful, with curls of red. Unfortunately, tragedy befell the household and Jane died too soon. After years of grieving, Steve met Janie. The irony was not lost at all by anyone. Janie and Steve had a daughter Joan to properly confuse everyone. Genealogy shows Joan is in fact Jean’s half-sister.
So, there you have it. A quick introduction to Genealogy. We look forward to seeing what our legacy and family players do with the tool. Don’t forget to share your stories on our forums.
186 Notes/ Hide
- carnation85 likes this
- torisu likes this
- psychonaut-express likes this
- sunsetsorbet reblogged this from sims4news
- wishes-and-elixirs likes this
- darksecret13 likes this
- simfanforever13 reblogged this from sims4news
- forgiveyoursellf reblogged this from sims4news
- forgiveyoursellf likes this
- unfondoblancopues reblogged this from sims4news
- unfondoblancopues likes this
- let-your-freak-flag-fly- likes this
- polaroid-daisy-daze-days likes this
- cyshix likes this
- sims-and-sisters likes this
- beautifullybroken0011 likes this
- simoverboard likes this
- captain-fusion likes this
- perfumeandpancakes likes this
- simpishly reblogged this from sims4news
- nana25blog likes this
- nellieboogames reblogged this from sims4news
- one-second-of-emblem3 likes this
- novaofsummer likes this
- prismaticfluff likes this
- sarahlove909 reblogged this from sims4news
- sarahlove909 likes this
- dragonjuliette reblogged this from sims4news
- iseeloveinureyes reblogged this from sims4news
- iseeloveinureyes likes this
- anonalien likes this
- simdalerecorder likes this
- wearetheunsung likes this
- sims2adventures likes this
- christennorman likes this
- ivaristal likes this
- vexedvirgo likes this
- correna likes this
- kara1801 likes this
- penguingirl03 likes this
- thetroyfamily likes this
- versidue likes this
- jessrocksyearight likes this
- frozenlipslove reblogged this from sims4news
- adventure-sims likes this
- serena-6 likes this
- thatweirdguywithredhair reblogged this from sims4news
- hazelangst likes this
- itssowrong likes this
- it-doesnt-really-matter reblogged this from silverbluemoon