Bleak Prospects for Toddlers: EA Has “Nothing to Say” about Improving Generational Gameplay in TS4
In response to a thread on the official forums about EA’s apparent lack of interest in improving family gameplay in The Sims 4, SimGuruBChicknoted that, while “we are watching this thread and taking your comments and feedback very seriously … you can’t make everything for everyone.” Doesn’t sound too promising.
Here are some other highlights:
“The reason behind not commenting is that we have nothing to say yet. We are working on the game constantly. We are improving and enhancing content every day.”
“The vision for The Sims 4 was to refocus attention on the Sims. … How to make them feel more alive? Not all the decisions the studio make will be popular with all the players. That’s a universal truth.”
“This is just the beginning. A Sims game is a massive undertaking. … The game will continue to evolve over time.”
SimGuruBChick’s response suggests that, while EA understands that some players want toddlers and improved generational gameplay in TS4, it does not align with their vision of the game, and is therefore not a priority. The fact that they “have nothing to say yet” all but confirms that they haven’t even begun to think about implementing such content.
This is quite disappointing to hear. I’m sure family gameplay will be much improved in four to five years, but it is a shame that we have to wait that long for the fourth generation of The Sims to be a competent life simulation game.
What do you guys think? Do you have hope that TS4 will be improved, or are you already tired of waiting?
57 Notes/ Hide
- nymphia-kisses reblogged this from sims4news and added:
- nymphia-kisses likes this
- lowtwoswag reblogged this from sims4news
- tvip11 likes this
- water-coolerromance answered: It’s just a shame to be completely honest. Almost every simmer I know plays legacy styled saves. Thanks for taking the time to give us news.
- chicksdigthekarkat answered: Still waiting. Far as I’m concerned, it hasn’t even been released yet. This game just isn’t yet finished and I’m not buying it until it is.
- simerlla likes this
- crimsoncutie666 answered: I literally decided not to buy the game based on this content being left out. And I’m an avid Sims fan. So disappointing to hear.
- renegadeasfuck reblogged this from sims4news
- pimpinchilton answered: I haven’t bought it yet. I’m waiting to see if it gets better.
- sims4network answered: I do not know how you got that suggestion out of the quotes you posted, we just have to sit and wait, if they make it great if not.. Well
- lonelyblackrose likes this
- tiger7210 likes this
- mitteykittie reblogged this from sims4news
- mitteykittie likes this
- xio1992 likes this
- captainc34 likes this
- clairetastik said: I moved on a long time ago.
- windowsatewalls answered: I’m still waiting to buy TS4 until toddlers and family trees are added … literally the only thing holding me back. This is disappointing.
- sayittothemasses likes this
- nerfgunwarhero likes this
- awaybacktothen likes this
- retroautomaton likes this
- petaledfrogsocks likes this
- simulacia likes this
- wefourmadmen reblogged this from sims4news
- jettschae likes this
- megam64 likes this
- merrisimblr likes this
- radioactiveanime reblogged this from sims4news
- radioactiveanime likes this
- sparkyki answered: At this point i’m sure they either never put toddlers in or put them in an expansion.
- eyescastlow answered: LMAOOOOOOOO FUCK EA
- seria590 reblogged this from sims4news
- mallowhoney said: Considering I pledged not to buy until we got toddlers… Saves me money.
- neonswirlie reblogged this from sims4news
- pixelatedwonderland said: It’s unfair. I am so tired of waiting. I LOVE generational family gameplay it’s the main reason why I even play the sims.
- isabelle40200 likes this
- draconicrose likes this
- dylanarcadia likes this
- dumblecroft likes this
- dragongrindle113 likes this
- dragongrindle113 reblogged this from sims4news
- heyisfurwhoresez answered: I only play for the generational aspect, and it’s an important part of the game since TS2. I still prefer TS3 bc TS4 is unplayable for me.
- enkisstories answered: I hope toddlers stay optional. Most of the time they were just the target of interactions, had few actions of their own, didn´t feel alive.
- melliemusing answered: TS4 was the creators being ignorant to what the players want out of the game. If you want to sell smthing, make smthing people want to buy.
- simplysimming3 reblogged this from sims4news
- cyanidexdreamsx answered: I am the only one who don’t mind if the game don’t have toddler, if people want play with toddler so badly they can go back to sims3 >..<
- darksecret13 likes this
- malkavianacts likes this