The Sims 4 Get To Work: Five New Screens
- This career is more scripted than the others.
- The Invention Constructer is the most important tool for Scientists. To gain new inventions, your Sim has to build up their Friendship levels with the machine.
- Serums can be created to make Sims younger, fatter, or emotional. They can be used on any Sim.
- Inventions like the Sim Ray can be used on any Sim around town.
- This Career is less scripted than the Detective Career, but more scripted than the Scientist Career.
- A business may only have up to three employees at one time. This does not include Sims from your active household.
- There can only be one retail store per lot, so players cannot build multiple small businesses on one large lot.
- Get to Work includes larger counters for retail stores.
- Customers who purchase items in a store will not actually lose money from their household inventory or receive the item they purchased. The SimGurus didn’t want inactive households spending all of their money while the player was controlling another family.
- It is possible to own multiple businesses at once.
- Business Perks are earned over time by successfully interacting with customers, selling items, and restocking your store.
- While it is possible to not follow a Sim to work in the other Active Careers, retail stores won’t be a passive way to make money without actually being there and managing them. On the flip side, nothing decays and there are no ongoing bills, maintenance costs, or salaries to pay, while you’re not at your store. It’s simply there for you at any time when you want to play with it, with no drawbacks when you want to focus your time elsewhere.
- There are Styled Room sets available for retail stores.
- Stickers can be put on windows, and window displays can be set up to attract visitors.
- There are two types of mannequins: modern and realistic. They can be set to different poses.
- An object can be marked for sale by clicking on it. The player cannot adjust prices of individual objects.
- Perk Points can be traded for new objects, more staff slots or new interactions.
- Household Funds can be transferred to Store Funds easily.
- Sims can advertise their store to attract customers.
- Store displays will get dirty and will need to be cleaned by employees.
- When any Sim, active or NPC, purchases an outfit from a mannequin - they will actually acquire that outfit & occasionally wear it.
- The Photography Skill includes filters (similar to Instagram filters).
- Take selfies or shoot photos anywhere in the world. They will be added to the inventory of your Sim and they can sell them on the retail shop or put them on the wall as decoration.
- Baking adds to the cooking system with new recipes and fun ways to dress up your Sim’s baked goods. Sims can bake foods such as cookies, pies, tarts, doughnuts, and specialty cakes. Baking can be used in the retail system if your Sim wants to run a bakery business. Click here for the complete list of recipes!
- There are four lots in Magnolia Promenade… a 40x30, 30x20, and two 20x20s. You can use them however you like.
- Magnolia Promenade will only come with three stores, and the Photography Studio is not one of them.
- Magnolia Promenade is a separate map and is not connected to Willow Creek or Oasis Springs.
- There is an alien world called Sixam.
- Sixam contains rare plants, trees, metals, crystals and a new collectible: Geodes. There will be 6 Geodes to collect in the game and they can be obtained by polishing raw Geodes.
- The only way to get to Sixam is via the Wormhole Generator, an invention that can be built with the Scientist Career, or to blast off in a rocket!
- Sims cannot use their phones in Sixam, as there is no “cellphone reception.”
- Alien Sims have unique Alien tombstones and cribs.
- Male Sims can become pregnant if abducted, and can give birth in the hospital just like women!
- Alien Sims look like regular Sims but have green, blue or purple skin.
- Alien Sims can be found in Sixam and in the regular gameplay worlds.
- Alien Sims can be created in Create a Sim.
- Aliens are stuck in their costume and it cannot be changed (except for the color). They can camouflage themselves to look like regular Sims, and that appearance can be customized.
- There are nine Alien skin colors available.
- The Basement Tool is coming in a free patch at the end of March.
- There will be new radio stations.
- There are new rusty fences and stairs, and bright carpeting options, but in general there are few new additions to Build Mode. There are tons of new Buy Mode objects, however.
- Basements can go two floors deep, and they even increased the maximum floors aboveground by one.
- The Active Career system is very similar to the Social Events system. Sims have daily goals to complete, but new events can occur which add new goals (like a pregnant Sim entering the hospital).
- There are a ton of new makeup options in Create a Sim, including Alien and Elf facepaints and many lipstick colors.
- The world selection screen has been re-designed. Click here to see what it looks like now!
- Click here to see the new Achievements.
- There are no new death types.
- In the US The Sims 4: Get to Work will be released on March 31, 2015. In most of Europe the game will be released on April 2, 2015. In the UK it will be released on April 3rd, 2015.
EA Has “Plans in the Works” for Bigger Worlds
After Simmer rtucker expressed his concerns about the small size of the worlds and neighborhoods in The Sims 4, SimGuruDaniel confirmed that EA is working on something “that should help.”
This is the first we’ve heard about such “plans”, but we’re excited to see what’s in store!
Get To Work Preview Event at EA Redwood Shores
Today Simmers from around the globe gathered at EA’s Redwood Shores studio to test out The Sims 4 Get to Work. Unfortunately, they aren’t allowed to unveil any juicy info just yet.
The Embargo for the event ends March 13th, 2015 at 9am PST, 12pm EST.
At that time, we’ll be flooded with new information about the expansion. As always, we’ll be sure to compile it all here on Sims4News! Check back Friday for the Compilation Post!
Introducing The Sims Network
Also known as “Project MOO”
Status: Coming soon
Application status: Open
Find Custom Content for any of the Sim games easily without any annoying adverts and popups. Share the content with your friends.
Search for anything with this easy to use search page. Find other members, discover legacy stories and more.
Join and/or create groups which can be used for anything - example: Mansions in the Sims 4 (group)
Create and customize your own personal profile that other simmers can view. Make friends. Post updates, photos and even videos on your profile!
If you would like to take part in helping then please fill out this application form. You will be contacted by me via your tumblr blog (this is temporary until a better system is set up)
Check this out guys, it looks pretty neat!